Genre(s): Ambient, Chiptune, Dub, Europop, Glitch, Hip Hop, Modern Classical, Noise
- DiLATiON “Wild Westside” (Instrumental Hip Hop)
- Mayakovsky “Stutter” (Glitch)
- The Sky Patrol “SDSS_J090745.0+24507" (Noise)
- Menaz “You Are Squeezing Too Tight” (Pop Dance)
- nike.bordom “Circuit Lady (More 8bit)” (8bit/Chip Tune)
- Cedric von Flugel “Don’t let the Bed Bugs Bite!” (Ambient/Modern Classical)
- Bittasynic “A Bitta Shade of Dub” (Dub/Reggae)
For this project we devised a list of loads of different genres of music and assigned each a number. Using a random number generator we randomly assigned a genre to each participant who then had to make a track in that style. The randomly assigned genres ended up being: Instrumental Hip Hop, Glitch, Noise, Pop Dance, 8bit/Chip, Ambient/Mod. Classical and Dub/Reggae.
The idea was to get people outside of their comfort zones and see how they fared venturing into territory they may not be used to.
A very mixed bag and very successful project overall!
ISIGTUTEOT-004/n - Various - Genre Specific by ISIGTUTEOT is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License